Wednesday, 30 January 2008

Is it true?

Today I passed by a local business that has a daily slogan out the front. It said,

"Be yourself, you are the only person who is qualified to do so!!"

I had a real chuckle about it, thinking about the unigueness of us all; then after further reflection I thought how sad the reality of it really is.

What does it really mean to be yourself?

What it means is to allow sin to rule our lives unchecked. Christ delivered me from a lot of sinful ways over 10 years ago when I became born again. And since then he has continued to deliver me from those sinful ways.

How blessed we are when we have the promise of Scripture that it is no longer I that lives, but Christ who lives in me. I would rather clothe myself and imitate Christ, and walk the path that God has qualified me to do any day.


No comments: