Over on Sydney Anglicans, Michael Jensen and Craig S blogs there has been much discussion about church and how the church should be involved more in the community.
I have been reading through Isaiah 58 and it is jam packed full of Gods will for us in the world we live in. The church that I would like to pastor would be an Isaiah 58 Church. The Church that I want to belong to is an Isaiah 58 Church and it is the Church that want to see and work towards making it happen.
- Loosing Chains of injustice.
- Untying the cords that have people yoked.
- To set the oppressed free.
- To break every yoke.
- To share food with the hungry.
- To provide the wanderer with shelter.
- To clothe the naked.
- To empower people to live as God would have them live.