Friday, 4 April 2008

Does God speak to us through dreams?

I had a weird dream last night. One that I could not escape from and one that seemed to go on through out most of the night and when I woke up it would continue when I went back to sleep.

The setting of the dream was like the mafia had sent out hit men to get me. My wife told me this morning that she was dodging punches and kicks all night. In the dream I was punching and kicking these guys who would consistently chase me and when I escaped would find me again.

There were times when I would escape in fast cars only for them to give pursuit. Once I found myself in a safe house and the others were knocking on every house in the street trying to find me. Then the dream changed where some how I got onto a horse and was able to jump various fences and hedges finally hiding behind a fence with the horse while these guys were hunting for me, not able to find me.
Finally they did and I grabbed a machine type gun from one of the guys and started shooting them, which seemed to create more of them coming towards me.

When I woke up this morning I had a Scripture come to mind. "Our weapons of war fare are not carnal, they have divine power to pull down all strongholds...that our fight is not against flesh and blood but is against spiritual powers"

I found this extremely encouraging and believe that God was reminding me that the true weapons I have in fighting against this sickness and depression that I have been going through is Him. And therefore I'm not to be as frustrated with the lack of diagnosis from the doctors.

No comments: