Thursday, 17 April 2008

The Gospel is the power of Salvation

I have come across a good Arminian Blog called Society of Evangelical Arminians. I myself lean more towards Arminian theology in regards to the Calvinistic acronym T.U.L.I.P and truly baulk at its doctrine of limited atonement and predestination.

Romans 1.16-17, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, 'But the righteous man shall live by faith'" (NASB, and henceforth).

Christ's gospel is effectual, "even" on an unregenerate spirit. That forces me to ask the Calvinist: What power does the gospel contain if one must first be regenerated in order to believe it?

Romans 10.14, "How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher?"

It seems to me that many Calvinists preach a false Gospel that says, "You must first be made regenerate by God before you may be saved" and in doing so water down the truth that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is Gods FULL power to save.

No comments: