Friday, 4 April 2008

What do you know?

I have had a real active day today. I would have to say its the best for a long time. I went for a walk to the shops. Finally posting away last years BAS statement. I went with out the walking stick...which made the walk a little slower as well as making me look a bit clumsier. On the way back I bought two books for $2. and a chicken roll and did some reading in the park.

I was a little embarrassed to find that I already have a well read copy of one of the books on my shelf - Frederick Forsyth's "No Comebacks" which is a collection of short stories with a twist at the end of each. It apparently is / was one of my favorite books.

Also when I was digging my garden today preparing another bed, I found that I have forgotten what the ph needs to be for the veggies I want to plant. I have been gardening for many years now, my parents had their own plant nursery / indoor plant hire business and it is something I should have and know I have known this in the past.

I have also been having a interesting and helpful discussion with Byron Smith regarding identity on a previous thread. It was a little embarrassing for me to have to admit that I believed that we have a body, spirit and soul, and yet I couldn't remember why or to what the soul is attached to in that I believe we represent the Trinity as being the image of God. I know or sort of know that I formed a opinion on this at college and did some research on it as to why I based my belief on what I did.

Yet this one thing I know, God is good.

The Bible tells me to speak to my soul and say. Oh my soul why are you downcast? Bless the Lord oh my soul and forget not all His benefits. Who forgives you of all your iniquities and heals you of all your diseases. Psalm 103.

No comments: